Friday, August 8, 2008

"between really happy and homesick"

  That is how Afton is describing her feelings this week.  I could not agree more!  This is the place I am finding myself lately.  Can you really be homesick when you are already home? I think so, when all of your kids are not there.
Afton and Andrew are spending the summer working in St Maartin, a small island in the Antilles-West Indies. Half the island is owned by the French, the other by the Dutch. Afton and Andrew are working and living on the Dutch side of the island.  They are managing two Del Sol t-shirt shops. It has been a great experience for them and an awesome way to spend the first four months of marriage!  I had the opportunity to go visit with them for a few days last week. It was so fun to see where they have been living and to see them enjoy the time there together.


hard at work   


The beach right behind their stores.  Rough job, huh???


The jungle


Andrew in the jungle, getting ready to play Tarzan



fresh spices

While Andrew was swinging in the treetops ,  Afton and I went shopping.  These are a few of    Afton's great shots. We ran  across a quaint fresh produce market in  Marigot, the capitol on the French side of the island.


the beautiful beach


I had time to go to church with them on Sunday before my flight home. These two nursery    leaders couldn't resist posing for a picture.

1 comments:

Maryanne said...

How totally fun :o) Looks like you had a great time with Andrew and Afton! Those beach shots make me want to cry....I want to be there! Soooo beautiful.

p.s. I hope the camera hint works with your husband. Every mom should have a camera they love!